Below Deck Med’s Malia White suffers broken toes and fractured elbow after severe scooter accident: ‘My helmet saved my life’

Below Deck Med's Malia White suffers fractured elbow and broken toes as after scooter accident in Mallorca
Below Deck’s Malia White suffers serious injuries after scooter accident (Picture: Instagram @maliakpwhite / NBC Universal)

Below Deck Mediterranean star Malia White has revealed she was hospitalized with sever injuries after suffering a motorcycle accident.

The 30-year-old bosun stunned fans when she took to Instagram on Wednesday (June 30) with an unexpected pair before and after posts as she chronicled her near-death experience.

In the first post, she shared an image of herself sitting comfortably on a blue scooter while taking in the beautiful views in Mallorca, Spain.

However, things clearly took a turn for the worst as the Bravo star then posted a picture of herself bruised and bandaged up in a hospital bed.

‘AFTER: on Instagram we usually share the pretty stuff but this is the important stuff- I’m sharing this to express the importance of always wearing a helmet,’ she explained. ‘Mine quite literally saved my life.’

She continued: ‘I spent the premiere night in a hospital bed after having a mean accident on my scooter.’

‘I’ve been riding scooters my whole life was familiar with the equipment, wasn’t drinking and was 10 minutes from my boat. Accidents happen when you least expect them.’

Below Deck Med's Malia White in hospital after scooter accident in Mallorca
The reality star was left with a fractured elbow, broken toes and severe road rash (Picture: Instagram @maliakpwhite)

The star added: ‘Luckily, I was able to walk away with a few stitches, fractured elbow, broken toes, severe road rash and a very sore body.

‘I don’t want to imagine what the case would have been without my helmet!’

Below Deck's Malia White suffers fractured elbow and broken toes after scooter accident
The Bravo star thanked her crew for getting her to safety (Picture: Malia White/Instagram)

‘I won’t hang up my scooter keys just yet… but I’m definitely aware of the importance of cruising safely! 🛵🤕,’ she concluded, along with the hashtags #scooteraccident #ridesafe #alwayswearahelmet #bruisedup #lucky.

On her Instagram Story, the reality star also expressed her gratitude for her fellow crew members who helped her out the night the accident occurred. 

‘Thankful for my crew members who were there that night,’ she wrote above a photo of the group. ‘They flagged down a car who happened to be an off-duty police officer and he started giving me medical attention until the ambulance arrived. They also took care of getting all my stuff & scooter sorted!’

Below Deck Mediterranean season 6 airs on Bravo in the US, and is available to stream on HayU in the UK.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE : Below Deck Med’s Captain Sandy teases season 6 row with Malia White: ‘There are times you get p****d’

MORE : Below Deck’s Jean-Luc Cerza-Lanaux offers tearful plea to Dani Soares over paternity test drama: ‘I want to be there for you’



from Entertainment – Metro

Post a Comment

0 Comments